Monday 16 December 2013


Brandon Carson

 555 I live with stupid


 Stupid town, B.C.


 V2A Derp


Good Afternoon,




My Name is Brandon Carson and I am working as one of your Student Pro Painters. I enjoy my job very much. Although working here is at this fantastic business I have a few concerns that I would like to address about one of your colleagues Joe Watchingu. I don't think Joe is a bad person. I think that he is just a little oblivious and wouldn't need much to straighten him out. I know how hard it is having somebody that is a part of the family working for you. I get that. You feel as if you have to take care of them and in a figurative sense hold their hand the whole way through. Also you are a very special lady, extremely kind hearted and good willed and having to tell someone that they aren't doing as good of job as they should be is hard for you. Although this all being said I would like to bring up a couple of points with you and see what you think of them.

 Firstly I would like to speak about Joe's tardiness he often arrives 30-40 minutes late for work. I as well as numerous other colleagues have approached Joe about this. Although we ask politely he never wants to give us a reason and just tells us "off" using extremely rude language. If it was only once in a blue moon nobody would mind but the fact that it is constant is starting to annoy the rest of the colleagues. Now that being said I do realize he is responsible for his two children and that his wife is no longer in the picture. Still their are plenty of ways to make sure his children are at daycare or wherever they need to be. Joe just so happens to be my neighbor and my girlfriend doesn’t work three days of the week and she has offered up her own time to care of his kids on any of those three occasions. It’s bad enough that he is chronically late for work. But he then leaves early, if he had showed up late but then stayed late it wouldn’t bother anybody. Now on the odd time I admit that I even leave early, everybody does but usually we have started work early. I don’t understand why he believes leaving is an alright thing to do. Now that being said he may need to pick his kids up from daycare or go see his mother in the hospital. Whatever it maybe if he would just let one of the painters know in a polite way we would be more than accommodating.


 I stated very briefly earlier on that Joe is sometimes confrontational with the other colleagues about certain ideas. One thing that I have noticed that makes him extremely angry is constructive criticism;
I have approached him with a new way of doing a certain project and he just lost it. He started breaking things, yelling and screaming, swearing and got aggressive. This rarely happens and he usually is only very stubborn. I would much appreciate if you would discuss this with him. If you would like me to come in and discuss this matter please feel free to let me know and I would be more then happy to speak my side of the story.

As a painter we are working in brand news that are usually just passed the lock up stage that means their is usually lots of flammable materials around such as saw dust and large amounts of wood. How this relates is to Joe is that when he takes his break he often leaves still smoldering cigarette buds on the floor. I am extremely worried that one of these days some saw dust is going to catch fire and burn the house to the ground. I would feel horrible for the owners as well as yourself because you would be the person who would ultimately end up paying for it; you are such a nice lady and I would hate for that to happen. I was thinking that we should have a designated smoking area with a garbage only for buds. Joe also takes extra this doesn’t bother too much although it does bother the other colleagues.


If you could discuss these issues we have with him that would be much appreciated


 Thank you very much,


 Brandon











No comments:

Post a Comment